24 WINTHROP STREET, ROCHESTER, NY | 585.454.6020
DINNER: M-T 4 - 10PM | F 4 - 11PM | SAT 5 - 11PM
LUNCH: M-F 11:30AM - 4PM
Delicious! A perfect addition to any gathering. Enjoy!
- good size dutch oven
- 2 bottles of good quality dry red wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 onions, 2 carrots, 1 leek, and 3 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 6 10 oz. short ribs
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs each of thyme, tarragon, and parsley
- 1 head of garlic
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 T. canola oil
- serves 6
- Pat meat dry.
- Heat dutch oven over medium heat. Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Add 3 T. canola oil into heated dutch oven.
- Liberally season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Sear in dutch oven to golden brown then remove from pan.
- Add roughly chopped onions, carrots, and leek to dutch oven and turn heat down to medium low.
- Cook to a light caramel color.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook to a burnt umber color.
- Add sprigs of thyme, tarragon, and parsley, peppercorns, and head of garlic.
- De-glaze with brandy and cook till dry.
- Add red wine.
- Reduce by half. Add Chicken stock.
- Return Meat to pan and bring to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours in 325 oven.
- Remove pan from oven and remove meat.
- Strain liquid and reduce down by half.
- Serve over mashed potatoes with liquid on top.